Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Import SPOUT and capture it in OBS

SPOUT is an output mechanism that some programs use to output video.  I think its (mostly) used by DJ world that generate video backgrounds. I dunno, thats where I've encountered it.

I use Synesthesia.live to generate background for an LED wall.  I run them through OBS to use it as a scaler and to allow me to intermix video elements generated through OBS to my video wall.

Synesthesia can output its generated backgrounds as a "SPOUT" feed, and with the proper plugin, OBS can import it.  Its really similar to NDI.

In Synesthesia, I activated the SPOUT server.



In OBS i installed a plugin for this location.

Backup location for the file exe

I installed that

Then created a Scene, and in that scene added an Source "Spout2Capture"



Selected the Synesthesia SPOUT feed (that was configured in the Synesthesia "Live Source" example above

Click OK and voila!




No comments:

Post a Comment