Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Audiocodes MP-112 firmware recovery

Have you lost communication to the box because of a pooched firmware upgrade? 
Here is a possible way to salvage it.

AudioCodes boxes, upon boot up will do a BootP process, meaning it will do a call out the network immediately on power up to see if it can download a firmware.

Find the program called the "AudioCodes BootP " or ACbootP.  Google should be able to resolve the app

Now you'll need your firmware files. Essentially the .cmp file for your device.

I was not able to make this update process work reliably on Windows 10 at time of writing.


The same process worked perfectly on Windows 7, so FYI.


1>
Install the ACBootP application on your computer.

2>
Download the appropriate firmware files and put them into a folder.
Here are some firmware files that might help too MP-1XX firmware

3>
Set your PC's network interface to 10.1.10.11 as a local IP.  (AudioCodes box uses .10 as their default)

4>
Disable any AntiVirus you may be running.  These can cause conflicts

5>
Launch the ACBootP app.

6>
Set your TFTP directory to point at the folder that you stored your firmware in.

7>
Make sure the default network for new cliwent has the right Ethernet adapter selected.
yours SHOULD show 10.1.10.11  (my screen shot was done later on, my bad).  You are the server.



8>
Press APPLY.

9>
Now click on "CLIENT CONFIGURATION" at the bottom left


10>
Select ADD NEW CLIENT and the stuff below will appear.

11>
Enter in the MAC address of your AudioCodes device (usually written on the bottom of the box)

CLIENT IP is likely the default ip of 10.1.10.10 (this is the IP that the audiocodes box defaults too usually)
subnet 255.255.255.0
gateway shouldn't matter

TFTP SERVER IP is the ip of your computer that has the TFTP on it.

CMP file is the file of your upgrade you want

12>
Hit APPLY.

Connect the AudioCodes box to your laptop via a network cable and power it up.

If all goes well, your device should boot and start downloading


It will flash pretty quick...and should be basically immediately available via Web Browser.

13>
Log in then "burn" the image when done to make sure it has saved properly.


11 comments:

  1. Disable antivirus before transmitting firmware from pc to MP-118. It helps me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi , i followed step by step ( i have Mp-112) but after 96% i have message error : Transmissions failed . any idea please ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really... Make sure no virus checker.

      Delete
    2. Do NOT upgrade from Windows 10...i do remember that giving TERRIBLE problems.

      Delete
    3. i have no anti-virus , i have read in other forum , that you can uprgrade from 5.x to 6.x ... so i'm looking for 5.x cmp , but i can t find it

      Delete
    4. So i can't be of more help, the firmware's I posted are all I have at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Hello to all my fellow VoIP lovers, I just had a super scare trying to flash an AudioCodecs MP114 to the latest version 6.60, and like the partner to posted above, I was looking for hours and hours and hours for a version of FW 5. x for the MP11x without success, so I asked heaven and my God for an enlightenment and I said, why are all the V5 versions MP118? So I said, it must be that this product did not exist before and the FW of the 112/114 were the same as the 118, so I said, I'm going to flash a V5.6 version of MP118, and VOALA, It works, then I started uploading the MP118 firmware in order from 5.6 to 5.8 then to 6.0 then to 6.2 and already 6.6 if I apply the specific one for MP114, and ready my revive ATA, I leave this here because I know that many look like me to revive their atas and it was just to put logic to it, in all the sites there was only FW of MP118 and none of MP112 / 114

    Good luck to you all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sezargdmi mp-118 5.60 fw or 5 version can you share?

      Delete
  4. Postdata:

    in this repo you can find all firmwares too

    https://xa0t3k.me/files/audiocodes/

    Best Regards to all

    ReplyDelete