Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Ubuntu Live "CD" creation

If you just want to run UBUNTU on a computer boot the downloaded image on a machine via a USB key, Ubutun will prompt if you want to "TRY IT" or "INSTALL IT".   By selecting "TRY IT" it will run from the USB key and let you see the features, doesn't touch the currently installed OS on the computer.

Download and Ubuntu flavor, this one uses Ubuntu Desktop 20.04.2.0 LTS

Now you will want to use an app to install this to a USB key.  I use "RUFUS"

With RUFUS, I've selected the "DEVICE" which is the USB-key in my system.  you'll need an 8 gig one.  This will delete everything on the USB key.
I"ve selected the Ubuntu ISO, and for my example, the partition scheme i've selected is MBR.


Now select START


Rufus application may prompt you about the type of image you want to write, I go with the recommended.


A warning just in case you don't already know that this will delete everything on the USB Key/devcie you selected.




Put the key into a computer and boot from it.
Select "TRY IT" and give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment