Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Windows UNIFI controller not starting

One day, out of the blue, the UnIFI controller stopped responding.  I think it had to do with a windows update.  Fought with it, then figured, at least a work around.

The workaround that fixed my issue was to copy/paste the UNFI directoy to a new folder and launch the app from there.  This fixed it for me.

Here's the steps I did.

Make sure that controller processes are stopped.  Since mine you have to manually double click the UNFI controller icon to start it, i just rebooted.

Once the PC came backup, i right clicked on the UNFI icon, selected PROPERTIES, then under "SHORTCUT" tab, i clicked on OPEN FILE LOCATION


Mine took me to
administrator/ubiquiti unifi/lib


I then clicked on ADMINISTRATOR in the file path window


I then right clicked on the Ubiquiti Unifi Folder, selected COPY then PASTE.
I renamed the copy folder to "Uniquiti Unifi2"

Then I went into the short cut and changed the target



Clicked on "OK" then double clicked the UNIFI controller icon and the application started for me.
Not sure WHY, but this worked for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment