Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2026

Polycom Phones with FreePBX Asterisk

 I'm using PJSIP asterisk FreePBX deployment.  Heres the configs

In a VVX 500 series phone, heres what I have:  (my pbx is 192.168.0.113)


For a Polycom SoundStation IP 6000 here's what I have


In my FreePBX gui, its pretty standard.  Extension number and password.  Nothing else changed in the GUI



What I DID have to do, was modify my fail2Ban.  I had the system sometimes banning the IP of the phones.  So I put them in a white list

Editing the Fail2Ban Configuration File

Open jail.local using a text editor like nano or vim:

sudo nano /etc/fail2ban/jail.local

Whitelisting an IP Address

In the jail.local file, look for the [DEFAULT] section. To whitelist an IP address, add it to the ignoreip line. If the line doesn’t exist, you can create it.

For example, to whitelist the IP 123.45.67.89, you would add:


[DEFAULT]

ignoreip = 123.45.67.89 192.168.0.101 192.168.0.102

You can also add multiple IPs, separated by space, or use CIDR notation for a range of addresses.

After adding the IP addresses to the whitelist, save the file and exit the editor. In nano, this is done by pressing CTRL + X, then Y to confirm, and Enter to save.

Restarting Fail2Ban

For the changes to take effect, you need to restart the Fail2Ban service. This can be done with the following command:

sudo systemctl restart fail2ban 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! If you have any information that you think should be included, please do so here and I'll get it added in.